Easter Pineapple Spring Chick
Easter is just around the corner and pineapples are on sale, so why not make an Easter pineapple spring chick! These steps are easy and the chick is delicious and juicy! Kids will love it!
- 1 ripe pineapple
- 1 carrot
- 2 blueberries
- garnishment (we used parsley)
Easter Pineapple Chick Instructions
- First, cut top, bottom and skin off of pineapple.
- Slice off a portion of the pineapple on one side (this will be the front of the chick)
- Then, make a small hole for the nose and eyes.
- Make a slice on top of the head for carrot head feathers and on each side for the wings.
- Next, cut the carrot in half length wise, then use a potato pealer to peal long, wide, carrot slices. (We used a total of 5…….one for each wing and three for the head feathers)
- Cut tiny carrot pieces for the chick’s feet and a triangular piece for the beak.
- Finally, assemble pieces on the pineapple. (feels a bit like playing with a Mr.Potato Head)
- Use garnishment to create a ‘grass like’ effect.
Other garnishment ideas may include sprouts, broccoli, berries, you name it! Also, use caution with the blueberries as their juice can easily stain the pineapple, giving your chick blue spots!